It's Monday and the debate over the union assault on workers' rights is still raging.
July 4th still seems to be the 'drop dead' date set by union-bought-and-paid for Senator Tom Harkin to have a compromise on the delusionally-dubbed Employee Free Choice Act or he will presumably make good on his threat to send the original bill to the Senate floor for an 'up or down' vote.
Why has Harkin made this threat? It's really very simple. Union bosses want to know who's with them (or not with them) so they can target the Dems on the fence in the 2010 mid-term elections. If they can't get to the four or five Democratic Senators who are now queasy over EFCA, they'll attempt to get the electorate to boot them from office next year.
EFCA: The Trick 'em & Trap 'em Union Act:
As we stated in last week's post to you, though this is subject to change again, current EFCA compromise proposals being discussed include a 'mail ballot' election (card-check with a postage stamp) and some version of binding arbitration.
Although much has been written about the elimination of secret-ballots, it seems that 'card-check' may, in fact, be a red herring as unions seem almost too willing to give up card-check, as long as binding arbitration still becomes the law of the land. In this regard, too little has been explained on how binding arbitration traps workers and eliminates a fundamental employee right–that is, the Right to Strike. This issue is examined a little more closely in this blogpost.
As employees, under EFCA, can legally be misled into signing their rights over to a union, too few in the chatterhood realize that binding arbitration forces employees into a contract that they have no right to vote on and, if they dislike it, cannot strike either. In fact, a government-imposed contract turns employees into serfs. Either they live with it, or they resign…Employees will be left with no other choice.
Unions LIE with Governmental Approval
As stated above, unions have almost always had the right to mislead workers when targeting a company. Indeed, the National Labor Relations Board has been pretty clear on this subject over the years.
However, the NLRB has recently gone one giant leap further by ruling that unions can even LIE to their own members. You can read about this here. This may not be new news to those of us in labor relations, but it is always does the heart good when the government affirms what we've been saying for years.
On the Web:
In the last week, we've been busy keeping readers to LaborUnionReport.com up to date with the shenanigans of unions and their EFCA-pushing comrades. In fact, there are two new blogs for you to check out:
- 1-888-NO-UNION.COM has a new blog, which you can check out here. The blog is loaded with hyperlinks to the large amount of information contained on 1-888-NO-UNION.COM.
- The Employee Free Choice Act & The Great Union Swindle
- Unions are Legally Allowed to LIE to Their Members, Says NLRB
- LaborUnionReport.com is now blogging on blogspot. You can check the new blog out here. Recent posts include:
- The Teamsters' Distaste for Secret Ballots…
- Left-wing Blogger Politicized Holocaust Museum Shooting Tying Tragedy to No-Vote Unionization Bill
- Is the Machinists' Union a Threat to U.S. National Security?
- LaborUnionReport.com's Union Bullsh*t Watch will remain on the site blog.
In addition, we thought you'd like to know that since their launch on April 2nd, LaborUnionReport.com and 1-888-NO-UNION.COM have had over 22,000 combined hits, and the S.H.I.E.L.D. Network is now actively providing information and resources to employees from Hawaii to Philadelphia.
In Other News:
As you know, as news topics warrant, we change the columns on LaborUnionReport.com to reflect the hot topic of the day.
This week, and as long as the topic occupies the news, we are posting stories on the attempt to socialize America's Health Care system. Be sure to check out LaborUnionReport.com to stay on top of the latest plans to nationalize health care.
In addition, the following are some stories you might want to know about:
- HEALTH CARE FATE TO BE DECIDED IN NEXT SIX WEEKS...
- BW: Is Obama's health care "reform" naive, hypocritical or simply dishonest?
- UAW STRIKES BELL HELICOPTER...
- Union donors got deals with Cal Pension...
- NFL owners intent on locking out, says players union...
- Delta Air 'Ground Zero' as Machinists Target Airline...
For these stories and so many more, go to LaborUnionReport.com
Best wishes for a productive and prosperous week.
"I bring reason to your ears, and, in language as plain as ABC, hold up truth to your eyes." -- Thomas Paine, December 23, 1776