This is just a quick post to let you know some BIG news from Washington, courtesy of Hot Air:
At 9 am ET today, Americans for Tax Reform and the Alliance for Worker Freedom will deliver a letter to both chambers of Congress and to US Attorney Channing Phillips in Washington DC, demanding a federal investigation of Andrew Stern, president of the SEIU. They will claim that Stern, who stopped registering as a federal lobbyist in 2007, has continued his lobbying efforts. They claim to have compiled evidence of Stern’s lobbying from the recently released White House visitor logs, media reports — and Stern’s own Twitter feed, in what has to be a first for the social networking service.[Read the rest here.]
Whether or not the Obama Justice Department does anything with this seemingly unlawful lobbying activity remains to be seen. However, since Stern has been called the hand inside Obama's puppet, the ramifications of this are huge!
In other news all about Andy from over the weekend:
- UNBELIEVABLE! SEIU Bullies Eagle Scout
- SEIU's Andy Stern Says He's a Capitalist!!!
- Intimidating Immigrants: SEIU organizers intimidated and threatened workers and even told Latino workers they would be deported if they didn't vote for SEIU, according to charges filed by rival NUHW
- Speaking of Big Government…New Document Reveals: SEIU Will Conquer Using Any Means Necessary
And then there's these:
- They're Baaack! Here comes the debate on illegals!
- Left behind? Teamsters are saying they got the shaft from the auto bailouts
- Like an STD, AFL-CIO President Trumka is saying his federation will be infecting the U.S. with a permanent campaign and espouses confidence that the hallucinogenically-named Employee Free Choice Act is next up after nationalizing health care.
- An UNHEALTHY Mix: Unions get a grab bag of goodies in PelosiCare.
- As union bosses spend money, it's the members who pay the price as Chi-Town Sheet Metal members face a 70% dues increase.
- NUMMI No More. No, it's not a lollipop…and it's not an auto plant any more either.
- Heritage: Big Labor is Bankrupting Our Country as will Obamacare.
Readers, we hope you have a productive and prosperous week.
Follow LaborUnionReport on Twitter.